The Poker Adventures of Frank-N-Steins: Episode1



The following are the events that took place at yet another "fine establishment" in Sugar Land, Tx. The names have been changed because I didn't catch any of their names and I will be naming them as I wish.

Howdy to all and welcome to a another blog about a poker night I had at another bar. This bar holds free poker tournaments, hosted by the same company that runs poker night at Pennison's Sport Bar. If you missed that blog, you can click here! By clicking on that link, you will be caught up on this company's rules and gameplay. On with the story.

I had a free night and I checked to see where any games were playing tonight. Time Well Wasted was hosting a free tournament at a sports bar called "Frank-N-Steins". I decided I would check it out. I pull up to the place and its in a shopping center were discount cell phones and quick loans are being advertised. I felt like this was going to be a great place......

I walk through the double wooden doors and into a massive room with projector screens and huge TVs everywhere. Baseball, soccer, and the first game ever of the Big3 League was going on. Three tables are dressed for poker games but no one is at the tables yet. I am then met by the hostess for the tournament and she instructs me to sign in. Typed in my log-in info on her computer and then make my way to the bar. The bar smells like death and is sticky. I just decide to keep my hands on my lap.

People are starting to roll in and hit the computer to sign in. The hostess then announces for all poker players to find a seat. I take the end of a long table and am met by 6 other players. We all do the small talk and introduce ourselves. One guy is already drunk and has part of a chicken wing hanging from his chin and on his stomach. No one says anything because we wanted to see how long it would stay there. I do a head count from the tables and it looks like around 25 people are playing. Decent amount....

Dealer is chosen and the cards are dealt. Blinds 500/1000. First hand is trash and I sit and watch the active players. Drunk guy is sitting at a table to the right of us watching one of the tvs and the action comes to him. He doesn't even look at his cards and bets 5k. Lady to his left calls and everyone else fold. Drunk guy says "I need that nine of diamonds!!!" Still hasn't looked at his cards. Flop comes out: 10D JD 8H. Drunk guy bets 5k and still hasn't looked at his cards. Lady calls. Turn comes out with 6S. "I NEED THAT 9 OF DIAMONDS BABY!!!" Drunk bets 5k and the lady calls. River comes out 9H. Drunk guy smiles at the lady and says " Im going to check because I like you." She follows with a check. He flips his cards, seeing them for the first time, has has 9C 9S. She flips and has KJ offsuit. This is going to be a very interesting game.

As the time goes on, Drunk guy is winning hands left and right, with his stacks getting bigger and bigger. The chicken wing was off his chin but still on his gut... The advantage we all had at this table, he was drinking more and more and more. At one point, after winning a hand, he would cover everyone's blinds for the next hand. We did not object.

I'm sitting on the button, Blinds are 2k/4K. Three limp in before it comes to me. I have pocket tens and I raise to 12k. Folds to a lady two spots to my right and she calls. Flop: 10 K K rainbow. She checks and I fire out 10k. She calls. A 6 comes out on the turn and she pushes all in. Thinking she's sitting on as high as KQ and as low as K10, I call. Half my stack is in the race. She flips over K2. I'm trying to figure out why she called my preflop bet with that? It is what it is, I'm leading! River comes out............. a 2. Her boat eats my boat. Then she says, "I never fold King-two. I saw someone win 5 hands in a row with it so I decided that's my hand."

As the night goes on, the players thin out and we are down to the final table with 8. 4 of us from my table are still in it. A big guy who looks like Fat Joe, a homeless guy, a Hispanic guy with his girl hanging on him, and an Asian guy join us. Blinds are at 100k/200k. Cards are dealt and the Hispanic guy throws out a 1M. Folds come to the homeless guy who is pounding back Budweisers,  has no clue what the value of the chips are so everyone has to help, he calls. Folds around. Flop comes out KQ5 all spades. Hispanic guy bets 500k and the homeless guy pushes all in. Hispanic guy is in disbelief and calls. Hispanic guy flips over K-2 offsuit and homeless guy flips AJ spades. Turn and River come out with the homeless man taking it down.

Next hand is repeated with a battle between the Hispanic guy and the homeless guy. This time the Hispanic guy is all in. Don't remember what the hand came out to be but at the end, the Hispanic guy is knocked out and he is angry. Someone ask the Hispanic guy, "Why would you play so loose? You know he is going to call if he has a hand." The Hispanic guy is fuming and his girl is trying to calm him down. All of the sudden, the Hispanic guy is in the face of a player to his left, screaming things like, "You're going to laugh at me, in my face, after I just went through that? I'm a man!!! You want some of this?!" The guy being yelled at just looks off into the distance and doesn't even engage the enraged Hispanic. Security and friends come to the altercation and pulls the Hispanic away and takes him to the bar. Told you this place was a fine establishment....

The rest of the night was a bore. We got down to the last four people, which happen to be me and the other three people I started the game with. I got knocked out in fourth and then the other three decide to chop the $75 prize. I would of made the top three but I made a bone head move and tried to bluff with 2-3 with a possible straight on the board. A player called me quickly with hitting a pair of 7s on the river. Stupid on my part.


Hope this one entertained you. If it did, make sure you like, share, and comment. As always, best of luck to you at the tables and in life.

Comments

Popular Posts