Books to Help Your Game. - Phil Gordon's Little Green Book: Lessons and Teachings in No Limit Texas Hold'em




Howdy to all! My first poker book that I am going to review is Phil Gordon's Little Green Book: Lessons and Teachings in No Limit Hold'Em. For those of you who don't know who Phil Gordon is, he placed 4th in the 2001 WSOP Main Event, won the WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star in 2004, a commentator on Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown, and a member of Team Full Tilt.

Now some of you might have read the above achievements of Mr.Gordon and thought "So why should I read anything this guy puts out?" Phil Gordon knows how to get to the final table! With his knowledge and methods, you too can get to a final table. It will just be up to you and how you play to win the damn thing!

This is a great book for all types of players. If you are a beginner, this will give you an upper hand against other newbies as well as put you on the fast track to playing with seasoned players. Veterans of the game, this books is for you too! This book can help you refresh your mind on certain methods or even introduce you to a new style of playing. The one thing I can truthfully say about this books is that it will not hurt your game as long as you understand and practice the content within, although you may disagree with some of his actions. That's human nature. I'm not saying this is the Poker Bible and you must obey all commands. Praise All That Be Phil Gordon!.......Sorry I slipped away for a moment.

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book goes over and explains how to think before you bet, pre-flop plays from every position, how to play every hand after the flop, how to play after the turn, playing after the river, reading tells, tournament play, some percentages and math, and the psychology of players.

For some of you this may seem like just another poker book where the author is regurgitating the same information as another poker player turned author. At first I thought the same thing but after reading this book and seeing how he literally breaks down common plays and not so common plays in terms that are easy to understand and apply, I continued to read and read and read! Next thing you know the book was over!  I have used some of the skills and methods mentioned in Phil's book and for the most part they have worked in my advantage. I have made roughly 80% of the final tables in tournaments that I've played and I do feel like its because of what I have adopted from this book.

If you are interested in this book, click below to get your copy!
Phil Gordon's Little Green Book: Lessons and Teachings in No Limit Texas Holdem


Comments

Popular Posts